Community Step Up program
Due to COVID-19 – not all of our locations are operating. At this time, Lifemark Seniors Wellness is providing both in person and virtual care. Please refer to the locations listed below for a status update.
Lifemark Seniors Wellness in partnership with Acclaim Health and Ontario Central Health are pleased to have launched the Community Step Up Program. This program is designed to provide a rehabilitative care approach for older adults with multiple medical conditions, aiming to help reduce hospital visits, and prevent/delay placement in a long-term care facility.
The Community Step Up Program is a six-week program, free of charge for older adults who require a multi-disciplinary team to help restore their functional abilities, improve their quality of life, and allow them to live independently or with the support of a caregiver in a community setting.
Rehabilitative services for this program include: physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language pathology.
The Community Step Up Program has three locations to serve you:
The Village of Erin Meadows – Closed at this time2930 Erin Centre Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5M 7M4
Sheridan Villa Long Term Care Home – Closed at this time2460 Truscott Dr, Mississauga, ON L5J 3Z8
Birkdale Place Retirement Residence – Open for In Person Care611 Farmstead Dr, Milton, ON L9T 4M3
Ideal participants for this program include:
- Seniors and older adults with one or more complex medical conditions
- People with increasingly limited mobility (frail)
- Those who could benefit from a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation (require 2 out of the 3 disciplines including: physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language pathology)
- People with conditions that will improve with rehabilitative care
Enroll in the Community Step Up program if you, your loved one or your client experiences one or more of the following:
- Recent episode of acute care (hospital admission)
- Suffering from stroke, Parkinson’s or other neurological disorders
- Unsteady on feet
- Loss of balance, strength, range of motion
- Difficulties walking
- Coughing while eating or taking longer to eat meals
- Making modifications to foods or avoiding types of foods
- Difficulty finding their words
- Difficulty understanding what client is saying (excluding English as a second language challenges)
- Gradual or sudden changes to communication, e.g., voice, comprehension
- Has difficulty or is unable to perform the activities of their daily life
- Physician referral is not required
- If you are interested in referring a client or a Loved One to this program please click on the link below to fill out an online referral